Thursday, September 27, 2012

Hush, Hush


 



This was such an awesome book. I don’t read this part of the YA Genre often but this totally changed my views. I cannot wait to read more. I loved the entire book. There were some parts that I thought Why is that in there? I think that was because there was so much action that some of the parts felt dry. It was like there wasn’t as much action in the middle like there was at the beginning and near the end. But let me just say: Great Book! I am so glad I read it. I wasn’t very optimistic about reading it mostly because I tend to stay closer to the romance section of YA (ie Jen Calontia and Sarah Dessen etc.)

Questionnaire

Summarize the book without giving away the ending. A girl who always thought of herself as average finds herself falling for a dark and dangerous guy with more secrets beyond her wildest imagination.

What did you think of the main character? Nora was so funny at times yet so dense at others. I would never listen to my best friend after she led me astray so many times.

Which character could you relate to best?  Jules

Why? I think everyone plots revenge in their own ways… his was just more proactive.

Were there any other especially interesting characters? Vee and Eliot

From whose point of view is the story told? Nora

Were the characters and their problems believable? Uh, no.

How did the main character change during the novel? She went out of her comfort zone. She learned to trust.

What was the book's central question, and how was it answered?  Why was Patch so mysterious? Because his past was dark and unspeakable.

Did you learn something new from the book? No, not really.

Was the book different from what you expected? Yes. I expected something more dark and sinister when I flipped through the pages at the book store.

Was location important to the story? Yes, I enjoyed the fact that it was set in a place with unreliable weather. It was that much more interesting to read.

Was the time period important to the story? Yes. It went from the past (1565) to the present.

Share a quote or two from the book. “I’ve got quite a collection going of an eZine columnist who believes there’s truth in eating organic, who writes poetry in secret, and who shudders at the thought of having to choose between Stanford, Yale, and… what’s that big one with the H?” – Patch on Nora

Share a favorite scene from the book.  When she first meets him.

What did you like most about the book? That Vee and her made up. I couldn’t think about going through life without my best friend.

What did you like least? That her best friend didn’t believe her… even if she was wrong.

Did you like the way the book ended? Yes and I cannot wait for the sequel.

What do you think will be your lasting impression of this book? People can change but there past never does.

What did you think of the cover? It was dark, I almost didn’t buy it because of the look of it.

Would you recommend this book? 100% Yes

How would you rate it? **** (Four out of Five Stars – it was flat at times.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...