Monday, August 27, 2012

Half Upon A Time



 
 
This was such a fun read. I didn’t want to put it down! Between May’s (Princess) giving away her sarcasm to all the twist and turns weaved throughout the plot it was a highly enjoyable read. I loved the Prince and Jack’s witty banter throughout the book and the ending was totally unexpected.

I cannot say enough about this book, I truly cannot. James Riley has made a Debut Novel that I will remember for eternity and always have on my book shelf. His sense of humor kept me laughing non-stop throughout the entire book. Everyone needs to read this book. It is truly for all ages. My mom plans on reading it along with my pastor. I’m loaning it to anyone who will take it. Totally awesome!

QUESTIONNAIRE

Summarize the book without giving away the ending. A fairytale unlike any other, such fun. The humor was sharp and used in all the right places while the places that the characters experienced issue after issue it was solved with grace and laughter.

What did you think of the main character? Jack has some embarrassment issues. I have never heard of a guy blushing so much. I loved it. I definitely think he is going to be one of my favorite male characters of all time.

Which character could you relate to best? The Prince.

Why? I think everyone tries to prove themselves at one point of their lives. I don’t think it was just about avenging his father’s death as much as it was about him finding out whom he really was and what his purpose is in life (Other than taking over the kingdom.)

Were there any other especially interesting characters? The Wicked Queen of course!

From whose point of view is the story told? It’s told in third person, but it follows Jack.

Were the characters and their problems believable? Hardly. My nana is definitely not the Wicked Queen and I can honestly say if I called her that she would take my silver spoon away.

How did the main character change during the novel? Jack wasn’t able to fulfill his destiny in his Grandfather’s opinion until a Princess from Punk appeared out of the sky.

What was the book's central question, and how was it answered?  Would they find May’s Grandmother? Yes, they did. Just like all good fairytales they reached their destination and James riley managed to spin a little bit of reality into the mix when it didn’t go exactly as planned.

Did you learn something new from the book? That not everything is always what it appears to be.

Was the book different from what you expected? Yes, I didn’t expect there to be an opening for a sequel but I am anxiously awaiting it’s arrival.

Was location important to the story? Yes, like all good fairytales you couldn’t have a Queen without a Castle.

Was the time period important to the story? No, not especially.

What alternative title would you choose for this book? There isn’t one. It was very creative.

Share a quote or two from the book.

Jack – “It’s probably used to listening to the witch. Maybe you remind it of her.”

May – “You want me to tell it to drop you?”

Jack – “I take it all back. You’re wonderful and beautiful and amazing.”

May – “That’s what I thought.”

Share a favorite scene from the book.  When he kisses her at the beginning of the book and she wakes up.

What did you like most about the book? The fact that the story is going to continue – I cannot wait for the sequel!

What did you like least? That either Jack or the Prince is going to betray her.

Did you like the way the book ended? No, it ended. I wanted it to go on forever.

What do you think will be your lasting impression of this book? That you have to keep going even when you think you’re out of the game and there is no getting out of the hole you’re in.

What did you think of the cover? Love it. It caught my eye in the store. I probably wouldn’t have picked it up without Jack’s feet dangling from the beanstalk. :)

Would you recommend this book? Yes, this is going to everyone this Christmas.

How would you rate it? ***** (Five Stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...