Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Top Ten Bookish Confessions

 
 


10) I didn’t start reading until I watched Twilight on DVD. My sister got it on her Easter Basket but claims that it is not true. (Yeah right. You might not like it now – but you did.) I ended up putting it down three times before I actually finished it – henceforth rereading the first half of the book three times. I also hate to admit this as a Twihard. Because I honestly love it. I have read it four times. (Not including my first three pathetic attempts.) I was never an avid reader in my tween years. I just didn’t think it was worth it. I remember picking up my first Nancy Drew book when I was nine and rushing inside waving it around in the air saying: “It’s just like a movie but only with words!” Yeah, call me dim but I never knew that. :D

9) I have a confession. I beat, bruise, and batter my books. Yep. Every book on my bookshelf looks like it has been through World War III. There is not a single book on my shelf in good condition up until last year. Fingers crossed my mom doesn’t call the police. We take physical violence very seriously in Texas.

8) I cannot get into the Paranormal/Romance genre. Aside from Twilight I am not allowed. My mother is very protective. Maybe it’s from all those years of letting me chew the led paint off of my crib bars, but maybe she feels guilty. Then again, maybe she just doesn’t want me to be cultural rounded. (Not saying vampires and demons would do that… but this is just an afterthought.)

7) Another Twilight confession. I made a deal with myself. I would read Twilight so I could get to the FUN series Harry Potter. That’s probably why I ended up reading The Twilight Saga over the course of a month and Harry Potter over four. Yeah, lesson learned: If you think your going to like one series over another it’s Murphy’s cruel Law that your likely going to fall head over heels for the other. (Not to say I don’t want a free trip to Disney world to go to Harry Potter World. Walt? Where is my phone call?)

6) I used to skip over words in second grade when I was reading to myself in class just to get the jest of the story so I could do other things like play outside. Again, I wasn’t an avid reader.

5) I only write through journals halfway before I put them up and move to a more interesting cover, or style. (But usually cover) I just cannot seem to get through an entire journal but that’s okay because my nana can’t either. (Does that mean there is no hope for my gazzilion of notebooks?)

4) I am not ashamed to admit I am a stalker. I stalk Jen Calonita. I have a slight addiction. Maybe it’s unhealthy but when I drift to my computer I just find myself on her sites ie.
Official Website
Facebook
Twitter
Yahoo! Group
Blog
Pinterest
Goodreads


Like I said… just a slight addiction.
3) When I start a book and cant put it down I abandon every chore my mother throws at me. Every single one. Dishes have gone unwashed along with floors not being swept all because one single author decided to write an irresistible book that I could literally not put down. I blame the author. How dare He/She?

2) I have a list of authors that I have to have on my book shelves. Everyone of Jen Calonita’s books is obviously a must, although Dessen and Colasanti’s are also highly needed. (like oxygen.)

1) If you have ever read The Hunger Games you will know why I feel like the biggest cheater EVER. I started reading the Hunger games right after I finished re-reading the Twilight Saga… again. I haven’t picked up Twilight since then but have started to pick up The Hunger Games again. Does that make me the bad guy or Collins?

-Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...