Saturday, September 1, 2012

One Of Those Hideous Books Where The Mother Dies


 



Written in verse Sonya Sones cultivates a tragic love story that I never wanted to end. One of those hideous books where the mother dies is an amazing novel of lost loves and finding yourself. – Jewels from Jordan

I sped through this novel. It was amazing, literally one of the best books I’ve read in 2012. There is not much more I can say about this book so without further ado let’s get on with the questionnaire.

Questionnaire

Summarize the book without giving away the ending. It’s about a girl named Ruby who loses her mother and has to move to L.A. with her movie star dad.

What did you think of the main character? I loved Ruby. I felt her sadness through every page I read.

Which character could you relate to best?  Ruby.

Why? If I lost my mother I wouldn’t know my place in the world.

Were there any other especially interesting characters? Whip and Max.,. I mean for obvious reasons that I will not disclose at this current time. (BUY THE BOOK!)

From whose point of view is the story told? Ruby

Were the characters and their problems believable? Yes.

How did the main character change during the novel? She basically went from someone hating her new life and wishing she could go back to the way things were, to embracing her life with her daddy.

What was the book's central question, and how was it answered?  Would she be able to live in L.A. and be happy.

Did you learn something new from the book? Mommies will always be missed.

Was the book different from what you expected? Yes. I didn’t look ahead to see it was writing in verse form.

Was location important to the story? Yes. Movie stars live in Los Angeles… Duh.

Was the time period important to the story? Yes.

What alternative title would you choose for this book? Seriously. Why haven’t I takent his question out yet? Oh that’s right. I got distracted by that piece of foil that somehow managed to make it back to my room from the kitchen….

Share a quote or two from the book. Depressed? Who? Me? Yes, hideously. Not to mention way ticked off. Wouldn’t you be? – Ruby

Share a favorite scene from the book.  When she started letting her daddy in.

What did you like most about the book? That her dad wasn’t some stuck up jerk who didn’t want her.

What did you like least? That it took the entire book for her to listen to his side of the story.

Did you like the way the book ended? Yes.

What do you think will be your lasting impression of this book? Anyone can be a Father; it takes someone special to be a Daddy.

What did you think of the cover? She looks exactly like I imaged Ruby to look like.

Would you recommend this book? Yes.

How would you rate it? ***** (Five Out Of Five Stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...