Sunday, August 11, 2013

Booktube-A-Thon

I made my video a couple of days ago but have been procrastinating this blog post… but I shall dive in now. 
There were seven challenges: 
1) read an average of 300 pages a day
2) read a book with over 500 pages
3) re-read one book
4) finish a series/trilogy
5) read a book that’s been on your shelf forever
6) listen to an audiobook
7) read a classic 
I choose to attempt them all and managed to complete all of them except ONE! 
The first book I completed was Hacking Harvard by Robbin Wasserman. It was a very good book, although (if you read my review) it had a very sucky ending… very sucky. This completed the Read The Book That Has Been On Your Shelf The Longest Challenge
The second book I completed was Thou Shalt Not Road Trip by Antony John. Overall an excellent book except (again) the ending. I felt it could have ended differently (and needed to!) I finished this book and that completed the Read 300 Pages A Day Challenge
The Third Book I completed for for the Re-Read Challenge and that was Anna & the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. It was a very good book and possibly better the second time around! 
The Fourth Book I completed was The Adventures Of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain. I did not review this one (because reviewing classics intimidate me!) but it was very good and completed THREE challenges!!!!! The first of which was to Read A Book With 500+ Pages, the second being to Listen To An Audio Book, and the third Challenge was Read A Classic.
The audio book was 700+ Pages long so I had some room to be lazy but ended up completing The Juliet Club (which I highly recommend) by Suzanne Harper to polish off the end off the Booktube-A-Thon. It did not complete any challenges… well I guess it did. It completed the Read 300+ Pages A Day Challenge
After adding up all the challenges, the only challenge I did not complete was to Finish A Series or Trilogy which is sad because I only had one book to go to finish one of my favorite trilogies but I just didn’t get around to it.
The total amount of pages I read added up to 2123 Pages! Not bad, huh? 
I always feel awkward when I end posts -Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...