Sunday, August 11, 2013

Lock and Key

image








Rating: 4.5 (Out Of Five) 
Information: 
Original Title: Lock and Key
ISBN: 0142414727 (ISBN13: 9780142414729)
Edition Language: English
Literary Awards: Iowa High School Book Award Nominee (2011)







Book Review: 
This book was an awesome summer read. I always walk away from Sarah Dessen’s books thinking about how she always hits teenager’s emotions right on the nose. She has an amazing talent… I am envious. 
I enjoyed the main characters, but fell in love with Jamie within the first few chapters. He, in my opinion, made the entire book. He was so funny, yet so realistic in his own way. His voice let in that little bit of humor that Dexter (This Lullaby) had whenever the book was getting a little to serious. 
Ruby Cooper was serious, as most of Dessen’s main characters are, and at times was a little annoying. I did however love how she took it on herself to find out who Nate really was, and the way she could relate but didn’t suffocate him, that was very well written. Her emotions were true and I could feel them coming off the page. 
Sarah Dessen has a way of making her characters stick with me and that is something i cherish in any author. Her talent baffles me and, as mentioned before, I am envious. 
-Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...